This recipe has a KICK to it if you use the suggested red pepper (the hot kind). If you prefer a more mellow version just omit the hot pepper or substitute it with sweet pepper. To make the pasta, use a Peeler or Food Processor to julienne the squash, or use a Spiralizer. Makes 4 servings.
- 2 medium or large Yellow Squash
- Bunch of Broccoli (see picture)
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 to 6 cloves Garlic (depending on how assertive or shy you are about garlic)
- Red Pepper (fresh or crushed flakes)
- Black Pepper (optional) & Salt (optional)
- Prep: Cut Broccoli into bite-size pieces, dice 4 to 6 Garlic cloves, Julienne or Spiralizer Yellow Squash, cut Tomatoes into thin slices then cut those into halves, mince Red Pepper if using fresh.
- Sauté Broccoli & Garlic in a little oil until Broccoli is al dente (still crunchy).
- Mix Squash “noodles” into Broccoli/Garlic and continue sautéing for approx. 10 minutes, or to desired consistency. If using minced Red Pepper add it along with the Squash.
- Mix in Tomatoes & take off heat.
- Add Salt and/or Black Pepper, if desired. If using crushed DRIED Red Pepper, add it now.
© 2015 Beatriz Portela and gardeningB.com. Excerpts and links may be used and are encouraged, provided that full and clear credit is given to Beatriz Portela and gardeningB.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. Any other use and/or duplication of this written material & picture(s) is prohibited without written permission from Beatriz Portela.